Wedding ring trends 2024 according to Queensmith

wedding bands in a ring box

Symbolising unconditional love, devotion and commitment, wedding rings represent the union of marriage between two people and unlike engagement rings, they are worn by both. Often, wedding rings tend to be more simple and minimalist, but there are still so many different choices you can make from the metal colour, style and bandwidth.

As such, experts at engagement and wedding ring jeweller, Queensmith, have released exclusive internal data to help guide couples on what wedding rings will be popular in 2024.

How much was spent on Wedding Rings in 2023?
Price tends to depend on the shape, style and material, but most couples on average have been spending around £2,285 on both rings. According to the data, couples shopping for rings together have increased in popularity, with only 9.98% of women and 9.13% of men buying wedding rings alone. This shift may be a result of couples wanting to shop for ring styles that complement each other, whilst also being a bonding experience.

Most popular metal colours of 2023
When it comes to the metal colour of wedding rings, many women choose to match the metal of their engagement ring so they look aesthetically pleasing on the finger. Platinum has been the most popular wedding ring metal with over 57% of sales, followed closely behind by yellow gold at 33%. Platinum has also been the most sought-after metal for men with 63% of sales. Although yellow gold has been trending, many men prefer the luxury and timeless appeal of platinum, alongside its brilliant resistance to wear and tarnishing. As such, we can see platinum wedding rings continuing to be a couples favourite in 2024.

Most Popular Women's Wedding Rings:

  1. 57% platinum
  2. 33% yellow gold
  3. 6% white gold
  4. 4% rose gold

Most Popular Men's Wedding Rings Metals:
  1. 63% platinum
  2. 28% yellow gold
  3. 6% white gold
  4. 3% rose gold
The most popular wedding ring band width
Although many will select a wedding ring based on aesthetic brilliance, the most important aspect of a ring is making sure it fits comfortably and won't cause irritation. There's a common misconception that ring width and size are the same, but instead, ring band width refers to the thickness of the ring, rather than the diameter.

Most women opt for thinner bands, usually around 2.2mm. This is largely due to the delicate and sophisticated feel, whilst also sitting better on smaller fingers. In comparison, wider bands are more popular amongst men, with many influenced by enhanced durability and being more susceptible to wear and tear.

The most favoured size tends to be 4mm and these do tend to be slightly more expensive as they're made of more metal than a thinner band. In general, 70% of wedding rings were diamond sets, with the beautifully crafted Scallop Set emerging as top choice. Among all the diamond wedding rings sold, 1 in 2 featured a 60% diamond coverage, resembling a full-eternity ring, while the remaining 40% were plain rings, which allow for future resizing.

You may also be interested in

County Wedding Events coming to Sandon Manor, Hertfordshire!

County Wedding Events coming to Sandon Manor, Hertfordshire!

If you're newlyweds-to-be embarking on your wedding planning journey, pop along to the...

READ ARTICLE

County Wedding Events coming to Prested Hall, Essex!

County Wedding Events coming to Prested Hall, Essex!

If you're newlyweds-to-be embarking on your wedding planning journey, pop along to the County...

READ ARTICLE

2024 wedding trend: cocktails to serve at 70s-inspired weddings!

2024 wedding trend: cocktails to serve at 70s-inspired weddings!

Pinterest has launched its Pinterest Predicts report and '70s-inspired weddings are...

READ ARTICLE

The Guildhall in Bury St. Edmunds is offering a special deal for micro-weddings

The Guildhall in Bury St. Edmunds is offering a special deal for micro-weddings

The Guildhall in Bury St. Edmunds is offering a special deal for...

READ ARTICLE

Follow Your East Anglian Wedding Magazine on Facebook

VISIT SITE

Subscribe to Your East Anglian Wedding Magazine for free

VISIT SITE

Follow Your East Anglian Wedding Magazine on YouTube

VISIT SITE

Submit your wedding to be featured in Your East Anglian Wedding Magazine

VISIT SITE