Christmas winter wedding music
Getting married at Christmas doesn't mean that you have to plan a Christmas-themed wedding. Here, roaming band The Travelling Hands, suggest songs that would work well for a Christmas winter wedding and the songs to avoid!
When it comes to music, the same rule applies. Just because you want to get married at Christmas it doesn't mean that your musical playlist has to be full of Wizzard & Cliff Richard if you don't want it to be there.
When our acoustic roaming band The Travelling Hands perform at winter weddings we see a wide variety of decisions when it comes to Christmas songs. Some want to embrace the Christmas classics - adding these into their day. Others like a few placed in here and there, whilst some want to just stick to their favourite songs without any Christmas numbers added in at all. At the end of the day there's no right or wrong decision. It's your big day so making sure that you have the perfect soundtrack for you and your guests is the important thing. Let's get down to the tracks...
Songs that would work well (for a Christmas styled wedding)
- Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You - A no-brainer. If you're planning a Christmas themed wedding then we say embrace it with open arms - it's time to sing that big 'youuuuuuu' with Mariah and dance the night away.
- Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime - There are purely positive vibes here - a great feel good number to add into your Christmas playlist
- Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody - Well if you're going to opt for the Christmas numbers then you and your guests deserve a big singalong. They don't come much bigger than this - we hope you get to see many Noddy Holder impressions on your dancefloor for the big moment. "It's Chrisstttttmassssss!"
- Sam Smith - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - If you're looking for a slow dance break during your celebrations then we think that this is a perfect choice.
- Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree - It's a feel good belter and a love-packed Christmas song with great rhythm that will help to draw your guests towards the dancefloor.
Songs that would also work well (for a non-Christmas styled wedding)
- Frank Sinatra - Let It Snow - A classy winter classic and not one mention of Christmas. A great track to add for any older guests too!
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby - Ok so it's a bit of a tenuous link to winter here but a growing favourite in wedding playlists for those seeking a little nostalgia and loved by any wedding guests who want to bring their best rapping skills to the dancefloor.
- Tom Jones - Baby It's Cold Outside - A feel good warming song to dance the night away to, and another great choice for all ages of guests.
- Toploader - Dancing In The Moonlight
- Wham - Last Christmas - Whilst your guests (and maybe you too) might like to sing along to this song at home, let's face it - these are not lyrics for your wedding day. It's time to place this one firmly in the 'no' list.
- East 17 - Stay Another Day - A song about a breakup? Let's definitely keep this one away from your playlist.
- Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas - No sad vibes on the wedding day please. Let's leave this one too!
- Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas Time
- Mud - Lonely This Christmas - No-one wants to sing about being lonely on their wedding day. It's time to drop this one from the list!
Find out more about The Travelling Hands immersive roaming performances online here - www.thetravellinghands.com